Thank you to King Arthur Flour for this recipe for brownies. I love it because I always have the ingredients on hand, so it makes a good go-to if I need to make some in a hurry. These fall more into the cake-like brownie category rather than the fudge-like brownies. But if you find yourself out of baking chocolate and it’s time to bake some brownies, this recipe won’t disappoint you.
From the King Arthur Flour 10-lbs. bag of all-purpose flour.
Quick & Easy Fudge Brownies
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/4 tsp. salt*
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. espresso powder, optional
3 large eggs
1/2 cup (8 TB) butter, melted
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
*increase the salt to 1/2 tsp. if you use unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Lightly grease a 9″x13″ pan
- Put all of the ingredients into a large bowl in the order in which they’re written.
- Stir, then beat the mixture until smooth
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan
- Bake the brownies for 25 to 30 minutes, or until they’re just barely beginning to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Remove the brownies from the oven; let them cool completely before cutting.
- Store any leftovers, well wrapped, at room temperature for 5 to 6 days.
- Freeze for longer storage.
Yield: about 2 dozen 2″ brownies