Thank you so much to both Discovering Home and to lrod at lrod’s blog for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award. I am not very familiar with the whole blogging awards thing but I do appreciate you thinking of me!
The rules for this award:
-Put the award logo on your blog
-Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
-Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blog
-Nominate any number of blogs you like, linking to their blogs
-Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc..)
Discovering Home’s questions:
- When did you last feel courageous? Describe the circumstances and if/how it changed you, even if it impacted you just a little.
I recently had an issue with someone close to me. We were both in a place of frustration and borderline silent treatment and I took the step to ask what the problem was and try to talk it out. It’s tough sometimes to break the ice but I’m glad I did.
- Sweet or savory – and why? Bonus Points for sharing your favorite recipe.
Sweet. Why? Because it’s after 8pm and I always crave sweets at night. But during the day I’m more likely to crave something savory like some cheese or bread to snack on. These rolls are delicious: Classic Dinner Rolls from the old Fleischmann’s website. They have relaunched it and I can no longer find the exact recipe, but I have my copy printed out.
- When did you first begin blogging? Which early post (or posts) would you most want people to read?
I started blogging about a year ago. One early post that I like was about the first time I went asparagus picking and it talks about the book Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I did more PYO asparagus this year, too.
- Create your very own word, complete with definition, and use it in a sentence.
Latungry. When it’s late and you think you’re hungry but you know it’s too late to snack. As in: I’m tired, latungry, and I should just finish up this post and go to bed.
- And for the sake of tradition – if you could have one super power … nope, let’s make this a generous question … if you could keep two superpowers and give one duplicate power to a friend, what would they be and who would get which powers?
I would get the power to create money and the power to cure disease. My friend would also have the super doctor power. That would solve a lot of problems for me right now.
1) Have you ever thought of leaving your blog? What kept you going? I did leave my blog for a few months last fall. I think I just got busy/lazy and regretted not posting, but was too busy/lazy to do it. I started up again because I missed doing something creative. I like the different monthly challenges because they keep me motivated (Photo101, A to Z, etc).
2) Have your eating habits changed from when you were a teenager to now?
Now I care about what I eat and try to eliminate processed foods, eat healthy, etc. Completely different from when I was a fearless, invincible teenager.
3) Would you rather watch tv or read a book?
Sadly, TV, unless I’m in the middle of a book. The problem is turning off the TV and cracking the book open 🙂 I recently tore through the detective novels The Cuckoo’s Calling and The Silkworm by J.K. Rowling. They made me want to watch Columbo, so I’ve been rewatching some of my favorite episodes lately. So I guess I take turns between books and TV 🙂
4) Favorite outdoor activity?
Anything near/in the water–playing at the beach, walking near a river or lake, riding in a canoe.
5) Most important person/thing in your life right now?
6) What restaurant would you recommend to others visiting the place you live in?
I don’t get out to restaurants much.
7) Do you like to travel, if so, where would you go to?
I do like traveling, but also like the comfort of home. I’ve been watching a lot of Rick Steves’ Europe lately so I feel like I’ve been to France, Italy and the Balkans just in the past few days!
These are some blogs that I enjoy. There is no pressure from the nomination, and participation is up to you. If you do want to participate, just answer the questions below, write some questions for others, and nominate them as well. It’s just for fun, enjoy the nomination!
My questions for you
1. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
2. What’s your favorite movie, or if you can’t narrow it down, favorite genre?
3. What’s the best advice that you’ve ever been given?
4. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
5. What’s your least favorite food?
6. Do you like to travel, if so, where would you go to?
7. Favorite outdoor activity?